Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pie Dough Sushi

 I used to love when my mom made pie dough. Wherever we were in the house, she'd come find us, forearms dusted with flour, with a handful of little scraps dipped in sugar. 
There's something wonderful about the simplicity of raw dough dipped in sugar. The butter makes it melt in your mouth and if you dip it in sugar, the crystals give a quick bite that's a wonderful contrast to butter's creaminess. 
I'm older now and should probably know better than to eat so much raw dough.  Especially given the number of pies I bake on a regular basis...  But this is one vice I'll probably never give up :)
In order to feel less guilty about this habit, my dad and I gave it a fancy name. It's not snacking when there's a recipe involved, right?


Pie Dough Sushi
1. Arrange dough scraps on a plate. 
2. Sprinkle liberally with sugar and cinnamon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment